Catches and stubs from a Thinkpad optical drive

David Griffith dave at 661.org
Tue May 8 03:15:43 CDT 2018

I have a T420 which came with a DVD/CD burner.  I later replaced this with
a Bluray drive.  To make the swap, I had to remove the side catch and rear
stub from the drive.  I'd like to swap back to the DVD drive just in case
so as to avoid any needless wear on the blueray drive's mechanism.  To do
this, I'd like to get another catch and stub.  The problem though, I don't
know what these things are actually called, nor do I know of any sort of
part number to look for.  Does anyone here know anything useful on
tracking down these things?

--
David Griffith
dave at 661.org