Digitising collections of microfiche - Re: Looking for opinions...

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Thu Mar 29 06:20:00 CDT 2018

On 29/03/2018 03:15, Zane Healy wrote:

> More and more, I view my Classic Computer collection as a hinderance
> to building a proper darkroom.  Oddly enough, the main purpose of my
> PDP-11/44 these days is to hold a couple old enlargers that I don’t
> use.

LOL!  I wish I still had my De Vere 5x4 enlarger, but I've nowhere to
put such a thing.  Anyway, although I have access to some 5x4 Sinar
equipment, the largest format I still have of my own is a couple of
Mamiya 645s.

OT anecdote: Some years ago a colleague asked if I'd take her wedding
photos.  I used to dislike doing that in the 70s and 80s so I wasn't
keen on taking the hundreds of shots that seem to be the modern fashion.
  She persisted, so I said I would if she bought me the 22 megapixel
digital back for my Mamiya 645 Pro.  OK, she said, so I suggested she
ought to check the price, after which she declined :-)

--
Pete
Pete Turnbull