GoTEK SFR1M44-U100...

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Fri Jul 13 21:57:07 CDT 2018

On 07/13/2018 04:13 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> http://torlus.com/floppy/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1683

Thank you.

> In the as-provided form, it's just a bunch of sector-by-sector data
> written to a predefined set of addresses on the flash drive.  No file
> system at all.

Reading about the SFR1M44-U100 and the raw sector allocation made me
think about modifying the Linux kernel for the 3rd time.  I feel like it
should be possible to add a partitioning scheme that is the SFR1M44-U100
layouts.  I.e. disk1 corresponds to memory address 1, disk2 corresponds
to memory address 2, etc.

The first time was to hack the Emulex LightPulse driver to support the
high LUN numbers of the Compaq RA-4000 & RA-4100.  The second time was
pontificating the possibility of causing the Linux bridge code to
forward frames that bridges are supposed to filter, to support a very
specific use case.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die