DL10 documentation

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Jan 9 12:43:47 CST 2018

    > From: Phil Budne

    > simulating the DL10 so you can run TVs would REALLY be bringing back a
    > lost artifact!!

The Knight TV's were connected through the Rubin 10-11 interface, not a DL10.

    > I'm pretty sure DN87S was a DN87 front end attached to a (KL) DTE
    > (Ten/Eleven) interface instead of a DL10 (or POSSIBLY visa versa).

Ah, right you are: I just assumed from the name (without checking!) that it
was some kind of variant on the DN87 - which I guess it is, just a more major
one than I thought! :-)

I wonder why DEC sold MIT a KL with a DL10 for the second PDP-11 front end?
(The Console-11 was connected via a DTE.) Maybe it was so early in the
product run that the DN87S didn't exist yet?

	Noel