OT - CNC - Re: 3D printer $179.99 (today ONLY) (Was: 8-Update

Toby Thain toby at telegraphics.com.au
Wed Dec 19 15:22:03 CST 2018

On 2018-12-19 3:46 PM, Fred Cisin via cctalk wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Dec 2018, emanuel stiebler via cctalk wrote:
>> That's the one you recommended for my microfiche scanning ;-)
>> They just lowered the price ...
>
> In addition, how hard would it be to 3D print some parts to turn it into
> a PLOTTER?
> Half a century ago, I wrote some trivial code to convert Calcomp
> plotting software to Stromberg Carlson/Datagraphix.  (Hint, don't
> reqrite the high level functions, wait until they call the lowest level
> primitives, and just write conversion for THOSE)  It shouldn't be hard
> to convert to STL.
>
> 3D print brackets for mounting a dremel, and have a cheap (crappy) CNC
> mill.

Since talk has drifted to CNC, you can easily use this cheap North
American unit (Waterloo, Canada) for plotting -- it's one of their
demos. I'm tempted to get one for PCBs and other things.

I'm not affiliated but the people behind this are great (and sometimes
hiring):

  https://sienci.com/product/sienci-mill-one-kit-v3/

--Toby