Orphan HP Alphaservers looking for a new home

Richard Loken rlloken at telus.net
Tue Dec 18 11:37:17 CST 2018

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018, Tapley, Mark via cctalk wrote:

> 	Not to start a flame war, but I?m well aware VMS supports clustering
> pretty well, so I?m puzzled - does anyone know why the Product Description
> called out Tru64 rather than VMS or both? Was Compaq de-emphasizing VMS
> when that was written?

DEC, Compaq, and HP always had separate part numbers and product
descriptions for Tru64, VMS, and Windows systems.  I know from repeated
experiance that you can run either OS on these systems and I also know
that all the ES45 hardware is supported by VMS including the video cards.

I also know that the DS20 mother boards had hardware on them such as USB
controllers and maybe SCSI controllers that were not supported by either
OS.

--
   Richard Loken VE6BSV         	  : "...underneath those tuques we wear,
   Athabasca, Alberta Canada       : our heads are naked!"