DEC DEREP repeater PSU

Adrian Graham binarydinosaurs at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 12:33:48 CDT 2018

Hi folks,

Has anyone ever replaced the PSU in a DEREP with a more modern equivalent? The PSU is an ASTEC but as usual doesn’t have any markings for ratings or pinouts. I found the tech ref online but for PSU problems it just says ‘replace’ as I’d expect. Test LEDs on the unit itself (and the fuses) show +5 and +12 at 2A.

This one suffered a bad heat-based death at some point after the fan seized…

Cheers,

--
adrian/witchy
Owner of Binary Dinosaurs, the UK's biggest home computer collection?