Kodak Diconix 150plus - looking for info

Philip Pemberton classiccmp at philpem.me.uk
Thu Nov 30 13:46:18 CST 2017

On 27/11/17 03:26, Robert Feldman via cctalk wrote:
>> I'm mainly looking for a DIP switch table (annoyingly, it won't produce
>> a config print - just a test page). I'd also love to find some details
>> on the control codes, emulations and character sets it supports.
>
> The 180si does not use DIP switches, so I can't help with that.

It looks like the DIP switches are the same as the 150 - William Degnan
posted a link to those.

The basic operating instructions are the same, but the Plus has  a few
differences:

  * Different internal fonts - Quality, Draft, NLQ and Condensed.
  * Different keys - On-line (with LED), LF/FF and Font.

There's a handy reference on the bottom of the printer.

I get the feeling it was intended for use more with listing paper than
cut-sheet A4.

The battery holder is interesting. There's a little door in the platen
which opens to reveal a slot for five C-cells. Nice way to make the
printer smaller.

> The Tech Ref manual does have Command Code and Character Set info, however. The whole manual is a bit over 100 pages. I can scan it if you are interested.

I'd love a copy of the command codes and character sets for the 180,
if/when you have time to scan them.

I found a bunch of text editor macros which include some of the control
codes, but only for text formatting - nothing for graphics. I might try
throwing some Epson FX and IBM ProPrinter commands at it in the interim.

>> Also - does anyone know what the material on the printhead capping
>> station is, or if they're still available?
>> It looks like a cardboard or blotting paper pad with a plastic backing
>> card. This one is soaked in ink and looks like it could do with being
>> replaced. I assume it's to stop the cartridge from drying out?
>
> The 180si uses one also. It "catches a spray of ink which the printer uses to clear the printhead cartridge before printing." A new pad is included in each printhead cartridge container.

I just found the one which came with my 51604A cartridge -- attached to
one of the wheels on my chair! I guess I was a bit over-enthusiastic
opening the box...

So at least as late as 2012, they *do* still come with the blotting pads.

Thanks,
--
Phil.
classiccmp at philpem.me.uk