PDP-8 chassis on eBay

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 09:47:59 CST 2017

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 10:00 AM, Dave via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> Can you tell which PDP8 this goes with?  Would an 8/e panel fit?

Looks like a long Omnibus chassis, so -8/e or -8/f.

Yes.  An 8/e/f/m bezel and panel should fit.  It shouldn't be horribly
hard to find a bare Omnibus backplane block.  The original PSU might
be a bit tougher,  but except for classic purity, there's nothing
wrong with coming up with a modern PSU for it.  Not sure why there's a
10A fuse for -15V.  I totally believe the 1.5A for +15V, but I don't
know what peripherals draw that much current at -15V, unless it's part
of the core memory requirements.  M-series logic is mostly TTL and
mostly +5V.

If you were going to fit a modernish unit in there, like some flavor
of 6120 board, you'd probably have to roll your own front panel.  The
Spare Time Gizmos products are all 2:3 scale.

-ethan