Trip to CHM - Hotel/Restaurant Advice

Cory Heisterkamp coryheisterkamp at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 17:19:02 CDT 2017

On Mar 30, 2017, at 4:17 PM, Rick Bensene via cctalk wrote:

> Hello, all,
>
> In mid-June, I am planning a trip to Mountain View for two days to visit the Computer History Museum.
>
> I plan on flying out of Portland early AM on June 14, checking into hotel, then heading straight to the museum for the day.
> I will go back to the hotel for the evening, and return to the museum on the 15th, and stay into early afternoon, and then check out of the hotel and head to the airport to return home.
>
> I haven't been to CHM before, and am looking forward to spending an extended period of time there.
>
> What I'm asking for is help/recommendations in terms of a good hotel to stay at that is relatively close to the museum.  I don't want to be in a luxury hotel, nor do I want to be in a dive.
> I'd also like to be in a place that has a restaurant relatively close by (preferably within walking distance) that I could get some decent meals (breakfast/dinner) while I'm there.
>
> Unless this is a topic of general interest to the group, it'd probably be best to reply to me directly rather than post responses to the list.
>
> Many thanks,
> -Rick
> --
> Rick Bensene
> The Old Calculator Museum
> http://oldcalculatormuseum.com

I'd also be interested in any recommendations, so might as well list-post, it'll be of value to a couple of us.

Last I was there was this time of year in 2014 and I really should get back (spent the entire day there and never saw it all). Having IHG points to use, I found a Holiday Inn Express in Belmont that didn't charge an arm and a leg (14 miles from CHM) that was clean and comfortable and I found it an easy walk to several restaurants. One bit of advice, some of the live exhibits, like the 1401 demo, only run on certain days, so check the CHM calendar in advance if there's something you absolutely want to see live. -Cory