IBM 7074 and then some: "Systems we love" conference

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Wed Jan 25 19:08:01 CST 2017

On 1/25/2017 9:54 AM, Ray Arachelian wrote:
> On 01/23/2017 02:00 PM, Steven Maresca wrote:
>> Just wanted to share an excerpted story just sent to me by a colleague,
>> regarding an IBM 7074 supplying data to Java middleware, ultimately feeding
>> a modern webapp stack:
>> http://thenewstack.io/happens-use-java-1960-ibm-mainframe/
>>
>> This comes from a conference which occurred last month titled "Systems we
>> love" :
>> http://thenewstack.io/systems-we-love/
>> http://systemswe.love/
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Steve
>>
> Someone at work recently shared this: http://youtu.be/TPe6UXMDMGM - it's
> almost the whole thing ~ 8h long.  You'll have to skip around the breaks.

There is a blog which exposes the video publicly, but the video itself
is marked to do limited sharing.  I think it is perfect for here, but
maybe share the referenced blog pages, which has an expanded index in
case they want to take it down or change it.

Looks like it was an interesting meeting.
thanks
jim