Stripping an RA80

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 12:30:00 CST 2017

On Sat, Jan 7, 2017 at 8:22 PM, Tony Duell <ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've just re-read the printsets...
>
> The microprocesor boards in the R80 and RA80 printsets are different. They
> have different layouts. But the circuitry looks at first glance to be much the
> same. Whether this is just a revision level thing I don't know. I will look over
> it more carefully. At first glace the external connectors seem to have the same
> pinouts.

However, today I came across the microprocessor board from my R80 (and which
will be going back in the R80). It seems to have the same layout as the board in
the RA80 printset (rather than the one in the R80 printset). I've not
checked the
schematics, etc, but I suspect my original thoughts are right and that it's the
same circuitry with different ROMs (and the layouts in the 2 printsets are just
2 different revisions of the board).

-tony