Transporting an LGP-30

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Mon Jan 2 11:47:17 CST 2017

On 01/02/2017 02:39 AM, Christian Corti wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Dec 2016, Jon Elson wrote:
>> Is your drum in good condition?  Ours was full of dust,
>> and 3 tracks had been ground down to the brass due to
>> dust packing under the heads.
>
> You can relocate bad tracks as there are a couple of spare
> tracks. And the drum is made of aluminium, not brass.

Well, I am very certain that there was brass showing through
where the oxide had been rubbed through.
(For reference, we were talking about my experiences with a
Bendix G-15, not an LGP-30.)  So, I think the G-15 drum had
a brass sleeve that might have been shrunk onto the aluminum
casting.  The brass would not have holes, which the aluminum
casting could have had (But I'm just guessing about why they
made it that way.)

Jon