OT: RANT (Was: [cctalk-request at classiccmp.org: confirm 38290c8a992491eda604beff5a06ff20cd7e85f5]

Ian S. King isking at uw.edu
Thu Feb 2 15:43:17 CST 2017

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 1:23 PM, Fred Cisin <cisin at xenosoft.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Feb 2017, Ian Finder wrote:
>
>> WTF did I just read.
>>

> An agreement with Mouse about plain-text, by sarcastically
> objecting to use of plain text in the RFC, segueing into an
> off-the-wall rant objecting to planned obsolescence.
>
> It was inspired by finding only Youtube videos for some simple
> information, end of support for XP, involuntary Win7 to Win10 upgrade, etc.
>
> I intended it to be absurd enough to provide some humor.
> It apparently failed at that.
> Sorry.
>
> Fred, you have to turn it up to 11 - after all, consider your competition
these days in the domain of absurdity.

-- Ian (the other one - we are everywhere)

--
Ian S. King, MSIS, MSCS, Ph.D. Candidate
The Information School <http://ischool.uw.edu>

Archivist, Voices From the Rwanda Tribunal <http://tribunalvoices.org>
Value Sensitive Design Research Lab <http://vsdesign.org>

University of Washington

There is an old Vulcan saying: "Only Nixon could go to China."