Restoring a VT50 (VT52 actually) .

Chris Elmquist chrise at pobox.com
Thu Dec 28 17:28:08 CST 2017

On Thursday (12/28/2017 at 11:58AM -0800), Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> On 12/28/2017 11:44 AM, Stefan Skoglund via cctalk wrote:
>
> > Surströmming isn't a christmas tradition.
> >
> > It is more like a late august,september tradition (or in summer together
> > with the season potatoes, onion and bread.)
> >
> > the  sale of this year surströmming was until 1998 legally delayed until
> > the third thursday in august (the herring is fished in early spring
> > april-may.)
>
> Neither are selenium rectifiers a Christmas tradition--at least not in
> any society that I know of.
>
> Just trying to throw a little aroma into the mix.   I suppose one could
> also add durian for a memorably odoriferous experience.

I worked for a startup back around 2001 that liked to name their servers
after various fruits.   When the Compaq Itanium box arrived, I was the
one that picked the hostname "durian" for it...

My family has a tradition of Doppa i Grytan on Christmas Eve.  I think the
awesome smell of the fresh rye bread cancels out any burning rectifiers
or durian fruit by a long shot ;-)

Chris
--
Chris Elmquist