Tektronix 4051 repair.

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 01:44:54 CDT 2016

> I would start looking at the Display DACs (Vol 2 p 2-10, and 2-11)  Each
> DAC consists of a 6820 PIA, then LS TTL Latches, diodes, and discrete & dip
> resistor arrays. Then an OP Amp. to do the summing. Today it would all be
> one IC.
>
> In character mode these two DACs set the base position of each character,
>
> Bring the cursor up to the top left and as you type look at the output of
> the X DAC it should be a staircase, Do the same with the Return key, and
> watch the Y DAC.
>
> The Bottom of 2-11 are the DACs that are the dot positions for each
> character.

Good idea. I will do this as soon as I replaced the TIP50. Well. Of course
this could be done without working display but it would be hard to
understand what is going on. Unfortunately measuring on the D/A and the
filter takes that the main board is pulled out and setup to operate outside
the machine.