G4 cube (was Re: 68K Macs with MacOS 7.5 still in production use...)

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Wed Sep 14 07:52:01 CDT 2016

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 01:40:40AM +0200, Liam Proven wrote:
> Stupid question: it's not called ``perl5'' or something now, as Perl 6
> is *finally* out?

About a zillion lines of software expect it to be called "perl".

And perl6 has been imminent for ... some time.  FreeBSD shows 5394 ports
listed in the "perl5" category, approximately a dozen of which reference
perl6 in their names.

In other words, I'll believe it when I see it :-)  There's an awful lot
of intertia behind perl5.

mcl