G4 cube (was Re: 68K Macs with MacOS 7.5 still in production use...)

Richard Loken rlloken at telus.net
Mon Sep 12 19:32:51 CDT 2016

On Tue, 13 Sep 2016, Liam Proven wrote:

> Whereas my Mac mini has 3rd party RAM and both an SSD and an HD
> (upgrades from a Toshiba desktop-replacement notebook that the Mac
> replaced) on a 3rd party bracket, and I'm using a Dell 5-button mouse
> and an Apple Extended keyboard from '97 or so, on a 3rd-party ADB-USB
> adaptor. And a pair of mismatched 2nd hand 23" LCDs.
> And with the original '80s keyboard, it _feels_ (and sounds) like a
> proper (i.e. '80s) Mac when I'm typing on it. :-)

My Mac Mini has been treated to new modern keyboard purchased at
rediculous expense upon the recommendation of my long time friend
G.L.Nerenberg II.  And it says underneath "WASD Model: V2 Type: Cherry MX
Green".  It is gloriously noisy!

I have an aluminum Apple keyboard in the box this keyboard came out of,
those Apple chicklet keyboard are just plain horrible.

--
   Richard Loken VE6BSV, Systems Programmer - VMS   : "...underneath those
   Athabasca University				   : tuques we wear, our