Classics long overdue a Boot.

Austin Pass austinpass at gmail.com
Thu May 19 17:21:19 CDT 2016

On 19 May 2016, at 22:31, Swift Griggs <swiftgriggs at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Thu, 19 May 2016, Austin Pass wrote:
>> systems I've neglected - lots of them not booted in 10 years or more.
>
> Ouch. I'm thinking my oldest boot is going to be 6 years on my:
>
> * Sega Genesis + 32X
> * SNES (but I do play on the SupraBoy)
> * Sun Ultra 60
> * SGI Indy R4600/200
>
> Actually, I'm just going to treat this as a service reminder and go do
> some "spring cleaning" and actually test a few this week.
>
>> Quick check-over and they both booted just fine!
>
> woot!
>
>> The systems I'm feeling really guilty over neglecting are:
>> SGI Crimson VGX (skins perfect but needs some TLC before power-on)
>
> Ohhh, pretty.
>
>> Maxed-out Acorn A3000 (my home-brew external SCSI Podule needs
>> finishing)
>
> I missed out on those, to my sorry.
>
> -Swift

Is Acorn kit available at all, Stateside? Growing up I was surrounded by it (parents both teachers and Acorn owned the UK Ed. market in the 1980's).

I'm surprised I have relatively little of it now (just the A3000 and a very clean Model B). I'd like a RISC PC but supply is thin on the ground here nowadays, it appears the boat has sailed.

I have a Genesis (badged Megadrive here) and regularly fire it up - both my kids love Psycho Pinball. I have a Saturn and GameGear in my collection, but they don't see much action. Still use (and adore) my Dreamcast of course, bought from new.

-Austin.