classics I threw away or sold ... foolishly

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Thu May 19 12:07:40 CDT 2016

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 12:31 PM, Sean Caron <scaron at diablonet.net> wrote:
> ...I've never seen another microVAX I around... Ah, well, the KA655 is more functional ;)

I have a MicroVAX I... it's more of a curiosity than anything.  Quite
limited.  We bought two when they first came out and upgraded one
(full price, $17K ISTR) to a MicroVAX II.  The enhanced one was used
for product development and a few other things.  The unenhanced one
was our hardware test box so if one of our boards under test was so
broken that it damaged the host (that did happen once or twice), it
was cheaper to get back into service.  I should go fire that box up
and see if the hard drive has stiction (odds are good).

-ethan