Best LCDs for retrocomputing - Was: Re: New *square* 1:1 26.5" LCD monitor 1920x1920

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Mon May 16 18:17:50 CDT 2016

On 05/16/2016 02:13 PM, Ian Finder wrote:
> I dunno if it's relevant or not, but my go-to LCD for retro stuff is the
> Dell 2007FP-
> There was a panel lottery, some are TN, some IPS. Both are solid.
>
> They are 4:3, 1600x1200 native.
>
> They have DVI, VGA, Composite and S-Video inputs, and very stellar scalers.
>
> They sync to SoG, and have no trouble with oddball resolutions like
> 1152x8-whatever.

Any idea if they support arcade-type frequencies and inputs (i.e. TV rates
and composite sync with separate analog RGB inputs)?

I'm keeping an eye out for something that will work properly with an old
Jamma board that I have (I currently have it hooked up via a mess of
resistors to an old green-screen mono display sitting on its side :-)

cheers

Jules