Olivetti M24 Mounting Bushes for Bus Converter

Robert Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Fri Mar 25 16:25:11 CDT 2016

Cisin
> Sent: 25 March 2016 19:10
> To: General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts
> <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
> Subject: RE: Olivetti M24 Mounting Bushes for Bus Converter
>
> > I looked up rivnuts and they certainly look similar. They are
> > definitely not standoffs though. I shall look closer at rivnuts.
>
> also look at nutserts.
>
> Riv-nuts are pop-rivets with a threaded center.  Usable through sheet
metal,
> and into blind holes (very carefully) Nutserts call for drilling and
threading a
> hole and screwing them in.
>
> I'm assuming that you are talking about threaded inserts in a plastic
piece?

I have posted the pictures here:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FC758A5A91B91301!5776&authkey=!AOs6cfg
8p_qyB5Q&ithint=folder%2cjpg

The pictures show three things:

1. The square holes that the mountings go into.
2. The top and bottom side of the steel mountings.
3. The top and bottom sides of the nylon (?) mountings.

I find myself to really need the steel mountings to be able to mount the bus
converter, I am hopeful that I can move a couple of existing nylon ones.

Regards

Rob