OT: lenses (Was: Front Panels - PDP8 and PDP 11

Marco Gariboldi mgariboldi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 21:09:50 CST 2016

> Personally I need a nice ASPH 28mm or 35mm Summicron.  I have the original
> Nikkon 35mm f/2, one of the very first made, it’s been Ai’d, and it’s an
> AMAZING lens.

That Nikon *(*e.g. *Nikkor-HC Auto* I presume?) 2/35 lens is quite good,
but if you think it's amazing I don't know if you should shell out for the
Leica *Summicron* (considering their typical going prices, even
second-hand).  It probably won't be worth it for you.

If you want something that's close to the *Summicron* in terms of overall
performance and in particular sharpness, since you praised Zeiss earlier,
why don't you consider a *(C) Biogon *T* 2/35 or even 2.8/35 ZM (Zeiss
Ikon/Leica M mount) lens?  It's not exactly cheap, but it should perform
formidably.

 - MG