Heathkit ETA-3400 vs. ETW-3400 confusion?

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 15:58:38 CDT 2016

Hey, thanks for the catalog link. It confirms that the 'W' designation
indicates factory-wired units, in the case of both the trainer and the
accessory unit. But note the difference in assembly costs between the
ETW-3400 and the EWA-3400 accessory, I'm surprised that the latter would
take any more time to build than the former, but I'm sure they had their
reasons.

And it appears that the $47.00 chip option is for the extra 3K of SRAM that
the accy. board can hold (for the max total of 4K). Both the tiny BASIC and
monitor ROMs are standard equipment, and included in the regular price - or
at least they were in 1979.