AT&T 3b2 vs SCSI2SD drive replacement

Swift Griggs swiftgriggs at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 13:03:26 CDT 2016

On Wed, 1 Jun 2016, Jerry Kemp wrote:
> I was reviewing the online documentation for SCSI2SD, specifically here:
> <http://www.codesrc.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=SCSI2SD>
> and I specifically see that the AT&T 3B2/600 is supported.

I neither have a AT&T 3B2 nor a SCSI2SD. Sorry. I do however, have
experience with lots of ACARD adapters. The one that's most like the
SCSI2SD is the ARS-2000SUP. That's the 50-pin SCSI/SCSI2 version. It works
great in my older SGIs (Indy, Challenge S, and Indigo), a Quadra 660AV,
Sun Sparc Classic, and I've also tested it in an Amiga 3000 where it also
works fine. I use them with SSDs to push the latency as low as I can go. I
realize the disk throughput is never going to be great just due to the
limitations of fast SCSI2.

http://www.acard.com/english/fb01-product.jsp?idno_no=249&prod_no=ARS-2000SUP&type1_idno=6&ino=43

-Swift