Floppy recovery

Terry Stewart terry at webweavers.co.nz
Tue Jan 5 15:07:05 CST 2016

>200 disks, especially if they weren't in great shape, can take some time.
I assume they wanted full data recovery using all possible means,
>plus conversion of all the documents to a modern format.

With one-of-a-kind stuff, you don't have the luxury of experimenting and
playing around with it. You have to make sure you aren't
>destroying them further while trying to read them- sometimes you only get
one chance and the mylar coating comes right off. After that, it's over.

Fair point.  Thinking further on it, it would be a softly, softly approach.

Terry (Tez)