PDP-11/20 vd one that just says pdp 11 what are the date differences?? OEM?

Paul Birkel pbirkel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 02:54:01 CST 2016

I wonder how long it took them to "figure it out"?  I seems that the
family-plan dates to April 1969.

June 1970 seems to be generally quoted as the introduction date for the
PDP-11/20.  And then June 1972 for the 11/10.

My PDP-11 is labeled as "S-386" and dated 9/23/70, which I guess makes it
fairly early in the production run (but I do wonder what the initial
manufacturing rate was given the relative riskiness of this new
architecture).  Anyone have S# and dates for "plain 11" vs. 11/20-marked for
comparison?