Vaxstation 3100 - I have console access

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 00:04:51 CST 2016

On Feb 18, 2016 12:56 AM, "Bryan C. Everly" <bryan at bceassociates.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone.  I'm hoping that one of the VAX experts out there can help me
> figure out how to get my 3100 booting.  I managed to cobble together the
> necessary cabling and was able to run a "TEST 50" from the serial console.
> Unfortunately my Google-fu isn't sufficient to help me figure out what the
> results mean.  Here is what I'm getting below.  Any ideas where my problem
> lies?

> KA42-A  V1.3
> ID 08-00-2B-16-58-20
>
>    MONO     0000.0001
>  ? CLK      0000.0005
>    NVR      0000.0001
>  ? DZ       0000.4001
>       00000001 00000001 00000001 00004001 00000000 00000000
>    MEM      0010.0001
>       01000000
>    MM       0000.0001
>    FP       0000.0001
>    IT       0000.0001
>    SYS      0000.0001
>    8PLN     0000.0001  V1.3
>    NI       0100.0001
> >>>

> Thanks,
> Bryan

Does not necessarily mean much, bad battery? Was there a reason why you
chose to run test 50, from an earlier post?

I may have missed earlier posts on this machine, but what does the command
"show dev" reveal at the >>> prompt?

I have a thread on my site about booting my 3100 that might help if you can
boot or partially boot.  Search for "3100" on my site.

Bill Degnan
twitter: billdeg
vintagecomputer.net