[OT] eBay tale (Was: Re: flea markets (was Re: Vintage Computer Festivals???))

Electronics Plus sales at elecplus.com
Wed Apr 20 11:32:25 CDT 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: cctalk [mailto:cctalk-bounces at classiccmp.org] On Behalf Of Mark J.
Blair
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 11:04 AM
To: General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts
Subject: [OT] eBay tale (Was: Re: flea markets (was Re: Vintage Computer
Festivals???))

> On Apr 19, 2016, at 10:09, Ali <cctalk at ibm51xx.net> wrote:
>
> Well, eBay is killing itself slowly. Every year they make more and
> more onerous and anti-buyer rules and policies.

> Warning: Longish anti-eBay tale inbound!

> eBay really has single-handedly destroyed special-interest swap meets in
my experience, and now I wish that we could create some viable alternative >
to eBay for our stuff. But they're just too big to compete with at this
time.

www.zeescripts.com sells an eBay clone for $57, or a multi-vendor ecommerce
for $197. Both are PHP and MySQL based. It is a one-time fee, and all code
is given, so you can modify it to suit your needs. Several templates,
including responsive templates, are included.

If Jay would host the eBay clone on his servers, I would fork over the $57.
We don't really need a huge following, but it would grow very quickly, once
people from the various forums and lists started telling their members about
it.

Perhaps someone with knowledge in these areas would have the time to look
into this?

Cindy Croxton