A fruitfull evening

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 19:39:05 CDT 2016

I've used WD-40 on multiple occasions to 'rescue' older motorcycle and
automotive ignition systems that died in rain or heavy humidity. In all
cases, these were the older point-and-coil type systems, not the more
modern HEI systems (found in post-1976 in most cars & light trucks,
post-1980-82 in most cycles).

Just wipe off as much water as you can, and hose-on the WD-40. I don't
think it ever failed to get the machine running, until proper repairs could
be made to the ignition system. Silicone spray is also excellent as a
preservative and waterproofing for ignitions, but I've never tried it (or
had it on-hand) for a roadside rescue.