PDP 8 panels. Feedback

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Mon Oct 26 23:38:26 CDT 2015

On 10/26/2015 08:54 PM, wulfman wrote:
> To effectively drill in plastics you need to run the drill press on
> the highest speed you can and use a freshly sharpened drill bit.

If this is Perspex/Plexiglas, I've had great results with a good sharp
Forstner bit in my drill press at medium (say 750 RPM) speed and a
not-too aggressive feed..  No melting, just lots of crumbly shavings.
I've done this with sizes down to about 1/4", but no smaller.  When
you're almost through the material, turn it over and complete the hole
from the back side.   Very clean edges, with no chips at all.

--Chuck