nut bars? ;)

Jon Elson elson at
Thu Oct 15 20:57:09 CDT 2015

On 10/15/2015 03:36 PM, Jay West wrote:
> HAH!
> The DG documentation does call them "Nut Bars" :P
> "threaded rail" seems to be something different according to google, but it
> yields "threaded insert" which is close if not exact. Still googling...
There were some systems, like Vector configurable card cages 
and VME systems that had extruded rails with nuts that could 
slide to where you wanted them.  These had real nuts (either 
hex or square) slipped into the rails.  Boards or connectors 
could be screwed into the nuts.  Threaded rail sounds to me 
like the threads are permanently drilled and tapped to 
specific positions in the rail.


More information about the cctalk mailing list