TV Typewriter Cover Unit location?

Brad unclefalter at
Tue Oct 13 00:24:04 CDT 2015

My understanding is these were custom keytops ordered as part of the 'low cost keyboard' article that appeared in RE.  According to RE, the keyboard on the cover unit was built using the method Don described, including hand made (and very laboriously made) switches.  Definitely not microswitch as far as I've read.

-----Original Message-----
From: cctalk [mailto:cctalk-bounces at] On Behalf Of Chuck Guzis
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2015 9:19 PM
To: General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts <cctalk at>
Subject: Re: TV Typewriter Cover Unit location?

On 10/12/2015 09:04 PM, Alexandre Souza wrote:
> Looks like (but not exactely) Sinclair QL keys :) These can be easily 
> done in 3d printing

These are late 60s Micro Switch modular keys.  I believe that the tops attach to the keys using a short tubular shaft.  So pretty simple to duplicate even with casting resin.


No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG -
Version: 2015.0.6172 / Virus Database: 4447/10805 - Release Date: 10/12/15

More information about the cctalk mailing list