VMS and supported VAX hardware

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Mon Oct 5 21:35:09 CDT 2015

On 10/05/2015 09:52 AM, Sean Caron wrote:
> I ran OpenVMS V7.2 on a MicroVAX II (KA630) back when I was in high school
> and it ran quite happily albeit very slowly with 16 MB RAM (and a SCSI
> disk). Just text mode but I was able to use layered products like TCP/IP or
> some of the compilers.

I set up my home MicroVAX in 1986 with just the 1 MB of
memory on the CPU card, an Andromeda MFM + floppy disk
controller and the console serial port.  As time and money
permitted, I kept adding stuff to it (VCB-01 and then a
VCB-02, mag tapes, SCSI tapes, ESDI disks, then SCSI disks,
DHV11 and so on.)

I ran it until 2007, although I moved all new software
development to other systems after the mid 90's.

Jon