A new Lisp-based OS that hearkens back to the old days of comprehensible computers

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Thu Oct 1 09:48:51 CDT 2015

Who knew? Not me :O But those are all kind of "piddly" (sorry) ... I don't
think they have much "mindshare" or very many actual installations compared
to the top-line FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD ... and those BSD repackagers
don't have so much potential influence to argue over the basic direction of
*BSD, versus say, Red Hat might have with Linux ...

I would consider some like m0n0wall and pfSense exceptions because the goal
of the project is really to provide a pre-rolled security appliance rather
than an OS distribution proper ... same reason I wouldn't call PIAF a Linux
distribution, just a pre-rolled Asterisk appliance.

Best,

Sean