Could someone make the list do the [cctalk] thing in the subject line?

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Tue Nov 17 14:02:05 CST 2015

On Tue, 17 Nov 2015, Mark J. Blair wrote:
> This would be helpful, and consistent with many other mailing lists. I
> use filters to direct traffic from my many mailing list subscriptions
> into appropriate sub-folders outside my main inbox. I filter this list
> based on addressing, but sorting based on a consistent tag in the
> subject line may be more reliable.

Periodically, this is suggested.  And, so far previously, rejected.

A few folk oppose it because THEY don't need it because THEIR mail
programs are successfully sorting by the header line of:

A few oppose it because it will add another half a dozen to a dozen
characters to already growing subject lines, and people might eventually
have to start trimming some of the RE: Re: RE: from the subject line.

I would find it convenient to have a visual indication "[CC]" of which
messages are from the list[s] V which are similar subject lines from other
sources. But, I can live with it either way, so it becomes an issue to be
decided by who feels strongest about their needs.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com