Looking for the Tek 465 of Logic Analysers

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Fri May 29 14:39:12 CDT 2015

> I'm quite fond of my HP 1630G.  It's quite fast enough for the sort of
> machines I'm logic-analyzing.  :-)

Ditto. Well, I can't remember which model I was given, it's the one that's maxed out with
'state' channels, but only the basic 'timing' channels.

The manual is excellent (and available, AFAIK, from whoever Agilent became). The only schematic
you don't get is that of the video monitor -- and be warned that is a bit unconvenitonal as the scan
lines are vertical (across the short dimension of the CRT). But you do get schematics of the CPU board,
state and timing boards, PSU, etc.

One practical thing I like is that the pod cables are 'captive' (held on by a screw-on metal cover plate) so
the pods are less likely to go walkabout (you've not seen my workshop :-))

As I mentioned earlier, it has both HPIB and HPIL interfaces. In theory you can control this thing from
an HP71B handheld (or an HP41 calculator?)

An HP1631 would be fun (it has a DSO board at the bottom as well as the LA functions).

-tony