Bitcoining on a 1401

Christian Gauger-Cosgrove captainkirk359 at gmail.com
Thu May 28 16:03:11 CDT 2015

On 28 May 2015 at 14:12, Fred Cisin <cisin at xenosoft.com> wrote:
> Excellent!
> Does anybody have enough 1401s to run them in parallel to speed up the
> process?

Well, I think there are a few IBM System/360 and System/370 machines
out there, I think. Why not just use them in 1401 emulation mode (if
they have that option)? Should help as well.

...What do you mean just use them natively? But that's not nearly as funny!

> I wonder whether the 1401 emulator for the 1620 could do it?

Probably would still be a bit slow though. Maybe we could convince all
the people doing mining to just not mine one block and let the 1401s,
and hardware emulations of said architecture mine it? You know, for
the shits and giggles.

--
Christian M. Gauger-Cosgrove
STCKON08DS0