Old HP test equipment power connectors...

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Wed May 27 15:10:08 CDT 2015

> The 2.5A rating on the C5...C8 connectors had me wondering if the UK
> versions have fused mains plugs--and if it's still customary to use the
> ubiquitous 13A fuses in those...

In general these connectors come as part of a fully moulded mains lead with
a BS1363 ('13A') plug on the other end. And every one I have used has had a 3A
fuse fitted to the plug.

I still don't know why loose BS1363 mains plugs always seem to come with 13A
fuses fitted, given that (a) the 3A fuse is more useful and (b) at least one manufactuer
lists the plugs fitted with either fuse (under different part numbers) in their catalogue.
I can't be the only person to have a jam jar full of brand new 13A cartridge fuses removed
from plugs I am fitting...

-tony