Old HP test equipment power connectors...

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Tue May 26 22:08:48 CDT 2015

On 05/26/2015 09:27 PM, Kyle Owen wrote:
> Yes, there does appear to be a name for them: the 163 connector.
>
> http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~hilpert/e/powerConn/index.html

Thanks - that's the critter!

My modified calculator cable is probably the "Japanese calculator" type,
although it seems to work OK with 163-type sockets despite the mention of
the pin diameter of the 163 being a little larger (presumably the
receptacles within the plug are pressing up against the pins of the 163
type socket, but not actually fitting over them).

I would much rather have the right type, obviously!

> Big thanks to our own Brent Hilpert for the great reference!

Indeed :-)

Jules