Weird stuff has a TI 810 (also if anyone has token ring wiring)

Dave Mitton dave at mitton.com
Tue May 19 10:47:08 CDT 2015

RE: Token Ring

    As said below, you can probably not worry too much about the
wiring impedance (etc.) for a small ring.
But you will still need a MAU or something like it.

The token ring adapters have a physical layer protocol for ring
insertion and token monitoring.
The power-up state for a station wire is a physical loopback and it
will try to successfully loop itself before inserting.

A copy of the newsgroup comp.dcom.lans.token-ring FAQ still lives at
http://www.networkuptime.com/faqs/token-ring/index.shtml
Connector pinouts and other info is in there.   Stuff on Wikipedia too.

I had to dust off a few neurons to remember this stuff.
Dave.

I'm not reading this list consistently anymore... any direct
questions should be CCed to me.

---