54 TK50 tapes on eBay

Robert Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sun May 17 14:41:35 CDT 2015

Glad you got the board and I hope you get a decent drive to read the tapes
with. You could always put together a Qbus system just to read the tapes
(which could then be the much better TK70, or even some of the later
drives), but if you have a 730 and can read it there that would be great. I
used to use a 730 many years ago, would be great to see one again.

Don't forget, if you get those tapes, to let us know what old DEC software
is on there. I would like to find the DECnet kit for MicroVMS (although I
have a way to get DECnet working on MicroVMS anyway, it would still be nice
to have the proper kit).

I am sure you are aware, but just in case, be careful with these tapes as I
suspect they are now at the point of being ROMs (Read Once at Most), and
they can gum up the drive quite badly, make sure you clean the heads after
running each tape through, for anything really critical.

Regards

Rob