Dead RF31 DSSI Disk.. final Question..

Jarratt RMA robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Tue May 12 15:31:58 CDT 2015

I can really sympathise with you on the PSU front. I tried to repair one of
these, but it was designed in such a way that it was really hard to get at
the caps to remove them for testing. My problem was that even when I did
get to the big Sprague one I couldn't desolder it, presumably there was a
large track/plane taking all the heat away. In the end I gave that PSU away
(along with another working one) to someone who is much better than me.
Although I don't know if he has fixed it yet.

Regards

Rob