IBM Mainframe

Mike Ross tmfdmike at gmail.com
Sat May 2 14:37:13 CDT 2015

Well, you know they use  a custom OS/2-based front end, much like a
'real' mainframe SE/HMC? That thing is an absolute nightmare of arcane
IBM complexity; that's where all my problems were, no way no how could
I get the damn CPU to initialise... good luck, unless you have a
running box freshly switched off (which mine was supposed to be!)
you'll need it!

On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 3:28 PM, Guy Sotomayor <ggs at shiresoft.com> wrote:
> Yes it was!  I'm getting another one as soon as Will makes his trip out
> West.  I had intended
> for this one as spares.
>
> Great!  My concern has been getting S/W for them.  I don't know what's on
> them (yet).
>
> TTFN - Guy
>

> On 5/2/15 12:25 PM, Mike Ross wrote:
>>
>> Oh was this the one on epay last week? I nearly went for that myself! I
>> have two (one for spares) but major issues getting it operational. I do
>> have pretty complete docs and software, so we should probably stay in
>> touch!
>>
>> Mike
>> On 2 May 2015 3:06 pm, "Guy Sotomayor" <ggs at shiresoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I just received my first IBM mainframe.  It's an IBM Multiprise 3000
>>> model
>>> 7060-H30.  It's a a P/390 class machine.  It has 6 18GB drives and 3 9 GB

--

http://www.corestore.org
'No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother.