Burroughs B1900 for sale in North Carolina

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Fri May 1 19:56:16 CDT 2015

    > From: Nigel Williams

    > Do any of the tape labels suggest original distribution media? if so
    > would you be willing to share some of the descriptions please.

None of the tapes have descriptive labels; all have only large labels with
4-digit numbers. In other words, they look like somsone's data tapes.

One has a label from the Durham Insurance Company; a letter (which I found in
the base of one of the cardboard boxes which held the tapes) is from the
North Carolina Department of Public Instruction, and says that they received
a "gift of a large number of used magnetic tapes" from that company, which
they are handing out for free.

Like I said, the tapes are useless.

	Noel