VAX tests? (Mouse)

Matt Burke matt at 9track.net
Sun Mar 15 20:26:25 CDT 2015

On 15/03/2015 23:59, Jon Elson wrote:
> On 03/15/2015 05:05 PM, Mouse wrote:
>> [Seen thanks to off-list assistance - thank you!]
>>
>>> Brief background: Real VAXes had real diagnostics. MicroVAXes had
>>> diagnostic$
>>
> I'm pretty sure there was a TK-50 diagnostics tape (I never had one,
> but saw the DEC
> techs use them).  There may also have been floppies in the very early
> MicroVAX
> days.
>
> There was a set of CPU diags on floppies that came with our first
> 780.  I think
> we also had a set of additional diagnostics on 9-track tape if the CPU
> was fully operational.
>
> Jon

Here are the RX50 and TK50 versions of the MicroVAX II customer diagnostics:

http://www.9track.net/vax/mv2diag.zip

This includes the following media:

BL-GL3AG-DN - MVII DIAG CUST RX50 #1
BL-GL4AG-DN - MVII DIAG CUST RX50 #2
BL-GM2AG-DN - MVII DIAG CUST RX50 #3
BL-GM9AE-DN - MVII DIAG CUST RX50 #4
BL-FI50A-DN - MVII DIAG CUST RX50 #5
BL-GNRAA-DN - MICROVAX II MACROVERIFY(CUST)
AQ-GL5AE-DN - MVII DIAG CUST TK50

I used them when I added the MicroVAX II to Simh a few years ago. I had
some problems running them but that was largely due to the fact I didn't
implement memory parity, serial port loopback and other non-essential
features. I guess you have these though if you are able to pass all the
startup diagnostics.

If it helps at all, my code is in the main Simh repository:

https://github.com/simh/simh

Look for the vax630*.* files

Matt