OT Re: email gripe

Vincent Slyngstad v.slyngstad at frontier.com
Wed Jul 8 12:56:14 CDT 2015

From: Dave Woyciesjes: Wednesday, July 08, 2015 7:17 AM
> Ahh, the sweet smell of paranoia... :) Listen, if they want to track &
> watch you, they're doing it already. Using text-only email won't help
> much; give it up.

Oh, they are out to "get me", alright.  They've admitted as much
repeatedly.  Otherwise I wouldn't be getting all these ads and
emails saying essentially:

    "Hey, we totally "get" you, and to prove it, here's a list of
    cool stuff you can buy from us or our friends".

Heck, almost the entire cost of my Android phone is paid for
that way.  Not to mention virtually the entire cost of the Internet.

I'm OK with that -- it's the Internet, and they're mostly sort of
up front (in a sleazy way) about it.  I just want to keep it out of
email.  Especially high volume email, like this list :-).

Vince

--
o< The ASCII Ribbon Campaign Against HTML Email!