email gripe

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Jul 7 18:18:33 CDT 2015

On 07/07/2015 03:43 PM, jwsmobile wrote:

> I just don't see inconveniencing an entire list because a few people
> want to run on internet connected 286 machines, with attached ASR33's.
>
> And to say that should carry much weight on selecting the format of the
> email is pretty inconsiderate to everyone.

Well, I started out with the basic Unix mail program years ago,
collecting my incoming mail using uucp.  It was better than most of the
alternatives, including Compuserve and BBS setups (which I also used).

When things went to a GUI under Windows 3.1, I adopted Eudora, then
Calypso, then...a list of others and finally am using Thunderbird under
Linux.

It's pretty decent.  I don't have any problems viewing content.

Generally, I maintain two levels in my personal work--one is mostly
up-to-date in tools; the other is mostly older tools that I'm used to
and can use efficiently.  That includes a full-screen editor that hails
back to my 8080 days and has been 'ported many times.

--Chuck