Restoration technique [Was: Re: Bay Area: IBM 4341 and HP3000]

Dave Woyciesjes woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 14 19:19:57 CST 2015

On 1/14/2015 7:33 PM, Sean Caron wrote:
> Wha? All I did was offer up some free space, bandwidth and static IPs when
> various people expressed a need.

	Nothing wrong with the offer

> I didn't realize that Jay was the only person allowed to respond to those
> kind of requests here so I'll say no more when such threads come up and
> I'll leave it to him.

	Maybe you need to bone up on your comprehension skills. Please show me
_exactly_ where Jay said he was the only person allowed to respond.

> I don't understand why my just offering up some free hosting got Jay so
> worked up where he needs to come in here and basically say, hey, everything
> you are running is a joke, waste of time...

	Again, where was this said?

> ... and, I mean, fine, you can have
> your own opinion of my home network, but I felt his messages ran deeper as
> a personal attack against me and my level of skill as a professional
> sysadmin.

	A bit touchy?

> If this list were running on my machines, the first thing I'd tell you is
> that you don't owe me a darn thing for doing it.

	Which is what he's said for years. He's always said he'd host a classic
computing related site gratis. He merely reiterated his standing offer,
while adding that he has real business class infrastructure to host it on.

> I will leave if asked, after all, I guess it's Jay's sandbox.

	I can't, and won't, ask you to leave; but I won't stop you either.

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

- from some guy on the internet.