imitation game movie

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Tue Feb 10 11:18:54 CST 2015

On 02/10/2015 08:39 AM, William Donzelli wrote:
> I have not seen the movie, but I will warn that Enigma people are
> almost as nutty as the Tesla fanboys. There are a *lot* of
> misconceptions and misinformation out there.

Yes, the Brits have declassified much, but they word things
so as to give the
impression that they were solely responsible for all WW-II
codebreaking.
The US has just recently allowed declassifying what NCR did
to build a
higher speed Bombe (they give FULL credit to the Brits and
Turing for
the design of the Bombe and the methods used to crack Enigma
start
positions), and the massive operation for bulk cracking and
decoding of
the full Enigma traffic.  This was apparently done at Ft.
Meade in Maryland.

The war going on now at Bletchley Park between the Bletchley
Park Trust
and the National Museum of Computing, is certainly an
indication of what you
are talking about.

Jon